For that extra care…
COMPOSITION: Amlodipine 5 mg + Losartan Potassium 50 mg
- Highly effective as antianginal and anti-hypertensive agent in patients with stable angina pectoris and mild to moderate hypertension.
- Demonstrates 82% reduction in blood pressure with Amlodipine in comparison with 69% of Felodipine.
- Highly efficient in preventing new coronary artery lesion formation and thereby efficiently controlling blood pressure.
- High blood pressure
- Angina pectoris
- Class of medication: Calcium channel blockers
- Amlodipine works by blocking the voltage-dependent L-type calcium channels, thereby inhibiting the initial influx of calcium.
- Amlodipine has been shown to improve vascular endothelial function in hypertensive patients.
- Amlodipine has good efficacy and safety, in addition to strong evidence from large randomized controlled trials for cardiovascular event reduction.
- Class of medication: Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs)
- Has a duration of activity of at least 24hrs, with a good safety profile.
- Losartan has wonderful clinical effectiveness in the treatment of essential hypertension
and congestive heart failure.
- It is a nonpeptide angiotensin II (AII) receptor antagonist; an important antihypertensive agent.
- First of a new class of drugs to be introduced for clinical use in hypertension.
A randomized multicentre study says amlodipine/losartan therapy provides an effective and generally well-tolerated first-line therapy for reducing blood pressure in stage 2