- Class of medications: HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (statins)
- Inhibits HMG-CoA reductase thus lowering the low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in hyperlipidemia.
- Has greater plasma LDL-cholesterol reductions efficacy and safety than other statins.
- Class of medications: Cholesterol-lowering medications
- Selective inhibitor of intestinal cholesterol absorption, thus significantly lowers low-density lipoprotein.
- Ezetimibe with a statin is effective in significantly reducing the estimated risk for cardiovascular mortality.