Get Rid of Extra Menstrual Bleeding and Pain
Composition – Tranexamic Acid 500mg+ Mefenamic Acid 250 mg
- Tranexamic acid, a synthetic derivative of the amino acid lysine, exerts its fibrinolytic activity through the reversible blockade of lysine binding sites on plasminogen molecules.
- It reduces menstrual blood loss by 45-60%.
- Mefenamic acid, an NSAID, and an anthranilic acid derivative. It is also known to reduce menstrual blood loss by 20%.
- It is a competitive inhibitor of COX-1 and COX-2 that reduces the production of prostaglandins, which are implicated in inflammation and pain processes.
- Reduces blood loss in gynecological bleeding disorders, such as heavy menstrual bleeding, postpartum hemorrhage, and bleeding irregularities caused by contraceptive implants.
- Considered a first-line treatment for the initial management of idiopathic menorrhagia, especially for patients in whom hormonal treatment is either not recommended or not wanted.
- Both these drugs are safe and increase the quality of life of women with heavy menstrual bleeding.
- This modality of treatment reduces the hazards of hormone therapy as well as the requirement of surgical treatment.
- The efficacy of combination therapy is superior in Ovulatory dysfunctional uterine bleeding.