HEPASTAR – Infusion
- L-ornithine L-aspartate (LOLA) is a hepatoprotective, useful in the treatment of high ammonia levels or when a patient’s liver function is extremely poor.
- Serves as a stimulus for hepatic glutamine synthesis which may be defective in acute and chronic liver disease.
- LOLA infusion can be used as a treatment for clinical encephalopathy in patients with liver failure as it,
- improves neuropsychiatric status and
- decreases serum levels of ammonia with a low incidence of adverse effects (less than 5%).
- Ensured safe and relatively rapid improvement and shorter hospital stay in cirrhotic patients with advanced hepatic encephalopathy.
- Effective not only in reducing hyperammonemia and the severity of this disease but also improves the patient’s quality of life.