A Safe Non-habit Forming Laxative
COMPOSITIONS – Lactitol Monohydrate BP 10g + Ispaghula Husk IP 3.5g
- A synthetic disaccharide osmotic laxative, is produced by the hydrogenation of lactose.
- It increases osmotic pressure in the intestinal lumen, resulting in greater fecal volume and moisture content and the stimulation of peristalsis
- Also known as psyllium, is a soluble fiber used primarily as a gentle bulk-forming laxative.
- Relieves constipation, and several randomized clinical trials have demonstrated its benefits in improving bowel function
- Combination of lactitol and psyllium is well tolerated without any adverse side effects in treating constipation in children and the elderly.