Art of Tight Control in Hypertension
Telmisartan 40mg + Amlodipine 5mg + Hydrochlorothiazide 125 mg.
Congestive heart failure
- Manages severe and uncontrolled hypertension and significantly reduces mean diastolic blood pressure during nighttime.
- Improves glucose metabolism in hypertensive patients with metabolic syndrome in addition to antihypertensive effects.
- This triple combination is effective & well tolerated and improves patient adherence resulting in long-time BP control.
- Prevents fluid retention in patients with congestive heart failure and treats chronic stable angina and vasospastic angina.
- It reduces cardiovascular-related mortality in older patients, prevents serious cardiovascular events and helps in stroke and myocardial infarction prophylaxis.
- Phase III clinical study indicates that the combination of telmisartan, amlodipine and hydrochlorothiazide is more effective than that of only telmisartan and amlodipine at reducing blood pressure in hypertensive patients. (fig 1) (Clinical Therapeutics/Volume 40, Number 1, 2018)
- The addition of hydrochlorothiazide provides a suitable treatment option for unresponsive patients.