Drills out Dry Hacking Cough
Each 5ml contains: Diphenydramine hydrochloride IP 14.08mg + Ammonium Chloride IP 138mg + Sodium citrate IP 57.03mg + Menthol IP 1.14mg
Drug class: Antihistamine
- An antihistamine that suppresses the urge to cough and also dries secretions in the nose and chest.
- Causes drowsiness which is helpful if the cough disturbs sleep.
Drug class: Electrolyte
- Increases respiratory secretions with less tenacious sputum which is easier to expectorate
Drug class: Urinary alkalinizer
- A mucolytic agent that breaks down mucus so that coughing up phlegm is easier.
Drug class: Counterirritant
- Useful in throat irritation, sore throat or incisal congestion and gives cooling effect to the nasal passage.
- Reduces irritation of pharynx and soothes throat.