Knock away the signs of an oncoming cold
FENACE-COLD: Phenylephrine HCI IP 2.5 mg + Chlorpheniramine Maleate IP 1 mg + Paracetamol IP 125mg
FENACE-PLUS: Phenylephrine HCL IP 5mg + Chlorpheniramine Maleate IP 2mg + Paracetamol IP 250mg
Drug Class: Sympathomimetic agent/ decongestant
- Phenylephrine is a direct-acting sympathomimetic amine that functions as an alpha-1 adrenergic agonist.
- Phenylephrine is a sympathomimetic primarily used as a systemic nasal decongestant.
Alleviates blocked or stuffy nose:
- Responsible for the activation of postjunctional alpha-adrenergic receptors in the nasal mucosa by,
- Distinct binding of the sympathomimetic agent to the binding site of the receptor, or
- By the enhanced release of norepinephrine which leads to vasoconstriction.
Drug Class: Antihistamines
- Also known as chlorphenamine (CPM), is a potent alkylamine first-generation H1 antihistamine.
- One of the most often recommended and used 1st generation, antihistaminic agents.
Anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory action of CPM:
- It competitively binds to the H1 receptors of the vascular tunica medius in the nasal mucosa to prevent the histamine vasoreactive response.
- Its antihistaminic action is translated to its anti-allergic & anti-inflammatory action in the nasal mucosa.
- Its anti-cholinergic action is responsible for the decrease in the nasal discharge, which is infective, hence it controls the symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis.
- A combination of Phenylephrine 2.5 mg and Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg provides optimum symptomatic relief and is safe for the treatment of allergic rhinitis in infants.