COMPOSITION: Ofloxacin 50 mg + Metronidazole 12 mg + Simethicone 10 mg
- Ofloxacin was determined to have the widest spectrum of activity and potential empiric use for the respiratory tract, urinary tract, and cutaneous infections.
- A total cure was achieved in 96.5% of cases with diarrhea and 100% of cases with dysentery with ofloxacin therapy.
- Single-dose ornidazole treatment could be considered a proper and effective alternative method for the treatment of giardiasis in children.
Simethicone/ Mylicon (Gastrointestinal agents)
- RCTs have reported simethicone to be effective in the management of some functional digestive disorders by its desired intraluminal defoaming and coating action.
- The favorable safety profile of simethicone seems to justify its use in functional dyspepsia as a first-line medication, particularly when bloating is a prominent feature.
- A combination of ofloxacin with ornidazole significantly reduces the number of watery stools and associated symptoms like nausea, abdominal pain, and flatulence/gas. Shows a tolerability rate of 98.43%.