COMPOSITION: Cephalexin Anhydrous 250 mg Dispersible
Drug class: Cephalosporin antibiotics
- Cephalexin, a semi-synthetic derivative of cephalosporin C is a well-tolerated safe antibiotic that is almost completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract with a bioavailability of 95%.
- It is active when taken by mouth, against Gram-positive cocci, including penicillinase-producing staphylococci, and many Gram-negative organisms including Gram-negative rods.
- Cephalexin is comparable to erythromycin, clindamycin, dicloxacillin, cloxacillin, and other cephalosporins in the treatment of streptococcal and staphylococcal infections.
- An effective and highly useful antibiotic for the treatment of streptococcal and staphylococcal skin infections.
- Twice-daily therapy with cephalexin for staphylococcal skin and skin structure infections can be recommended with confidence.