COMPOSITION: Linezolid 600 mg
Drug class: Oxazolidinones
- Having excellent bioavailability, good safety profile, and predominantly bacteriostatic action against Gram-positive bacteria that are resistant to other antibiotics.
- Effective in the treatment of pneumonia and skin and skin structure infections due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection.
- Oral linezolid is a useful and convenient alternative for the treatment of bone and joint infections as it is active against MRSA (staph infection) and vancomycin-resistant enterococci.
- Clinically superior to teicoplanin in the treatment of Gram-positive infections.
- Produces significantly better clinical cure and survival rates than vancomycin in patients with MRSA infection (type of skin infection) and is a cost-effective alternative in the treatment of patients with nosocomial pneumonia.
- Oral linezolid is highly effective in the treatment of refractory otorrhea caused by methicillin-resistant S. aureus and multiple drug-resistant S. pneumoniae.