Sensora Gel relieves pain and discomfort caused by mouth ulcers, teething, and sore spots from braces. It kills germs causing infect sore or broken skin in the mouth.
Drug Class: NSAIDs
- Belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) derived from salicylic acid.
- In the form of an 8.7% gel, it is also employed for treating lesions of the mouth.
- Choline salicylate-based products provide analgesia and also have anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effects, which reduce swelling.
- Inhibits the growth of Streptococcus spp. which is a common cause of mouth ulcers.
Drug Class: Local anesthetics
- Lidocaine is a well-established and approved local anesthetic alone and in combination used in a variety of topically applied preparations, mostly as a medicinal product.
- It is also used to treat painful oral conditions in children, like aphthous ulcers, blisters, teething, or gingivitis.
Drug Class: Category III antiseptic active ingredient
- Been shown to impart significant anti-microbial character.
- Benzalkonium rinses would only have a limited value at inhibiting plaque formation.