COMPOSITION: Cefixime IP 200 mg + Potassium Clavunate Diluted IP 125 mg
Cefixime (Cephalosporin antibiotics)
- A bactericidal antibiotic that kills bacteria by interfering in the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall
- Effective against a wide range of sensitive gram-positive, gram negative and anaerobic bacterial pathogens including betalactamase producing strains
- Provides a safe and effective alternative for the treatment of typhoid fever, even in cases of multidrug-resistant S. typhi.
Potassium Clavunate (Beta-lactamase inhibitors)
- Fights bacteria that is often resistant to penicillins and other antibiotics
- An enzyme inhibitor (beta-lactamase inhibitor) that works by blocking the active sites of these enzymes.