COMPOSITION: Cefixime Trihydrate IP 200 mg + Ornidazole IP 500 mg
Cefixime (Cephalosporin antibiotics)
- Cefixime is an FDA-approved orally administered third-generation cephalosporin with spectrum of activity and pharmacokinetic profile similar to that of ceftriaxone.
- Effective against a wide variety of infections caused by Gram-positive or Gram-negative aerobes, but has no effect against infections caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa or B. fragilis.
- Endowed with good kinetics, cefixime possesses a favourable tissue distribution.
- Ornidazole is a 5-nitroimidazole derivative which has the antimicrobial action.
- It is used in the treatment of susceptible protozoan infections and also in the treatment and prophylaxis of anaerobic bacterial infections.