Thlocolchicoside (Natural anti-inflammatory glycoside, Natural analgesic)
- A semi-synthetic derivative of colchicines, a natural glycoside originated from flower seeds of superba gloriosa (ayurvedic medicinal herb).
- Centrally acting skeletal muscle relaxant with analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Prevents muscle contractions by activating the GABA inhibitory motor pathway.
(Note: GABA is amino acid that serves as the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain.)
- Significantly reduces pain and spinal muscle spasm without sedative side-effects.
- More effective and significantly better than Tizanidine in the patients with accompanying muscle spasm.
- A NSAID agent with rapid onset of action and a short plasma half-life.
- With a distinguished safety profile rapidly achieves steady state in plasma and synovial fluid and provides prompt therapeutic action in treating arthritis and rheumatism.
- Ranks among the most potent inhibitors of the cyclo-oxygenase pathway of arachidonic acid cascade, and inhibits lipoxygenase as well.
- Good clinical tolerance in the elderly and even in patients with impaired renal and hepatic function.
- Comparable in efficacy to aspirin in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.