ACTIPRAZ DXR Capsules
Sustained Release for Sustained Relief in Hyperacidity
COMPOSITION: Esomeprazole Magnesium 40mg + Domperidone IP 20mg (SR) + Domperidone IP 10mg (IR)
An effective combination with complementary actions in the treatment of Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and controlling hypersecretory conditions.
Drug Class: Proton pump inhibitors
- It is the S-isomer of omeprazole and the first such inhibitor to be developed as a single isomer.
- It has higher metabolic stability, resulting in better and more consistent bioavailability compared with the racemate, omeprazole.
- It is evident that esomeprazole is superior for symptom relief and healing in patients with erosive esophagitis Röhss et al.
- Esomeprazole has been shown to provide good therapeutic effects, with clinical superiority to intragastric pH control and symptom relief.
- Several trials have demonstrated the safety and tolerability of esomeprazole in children and adolescents.
Drug Class: Anti-emetic
- Domperidone is a synthetic benzimidazole compound that acts as a dopamine D2 receptor antagonist.
- Domperidone is used as a prokinetic agent for the treatment of upper gastrointestinal motility disorders.
- It continues to be an attractive alternative to metoclopramide because of its fewer neurological side effects.
- On oral administration, it is rapidly absorbed from the stomach and the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract with few side effects reported.2
- Domperidone Sustained Release (SR)
- The short biological half-life of the drug (7 h) also favors the development of a sustained release formulation.
- Its SR achieves better therapeutic effects and improves patient compliance, maintaining consistent therapeutic concentration throughout the 24 h period.3
- Domperidone Immediate Release (IR)
- Immediate release plays the main role in successful therapeutic performance and makes a significant effect on the quick onset of action in oral administration.
- Has rapid onset of action and supports sustained release activities.
Domperidone (SR + IR)
- Unique gastrokinetic and antiemetic drug that speeds up gastrointestinal peristalsis.
- Provides good relief of symptoms in patients with diabetic gastropathy.
- Combination of domperidone and esomeprazole was more effective in improving the endoscopic reflux score in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux in children with difficult-to-treat asthma.