Cefoperazone-tazobactam is effective & safe in the treatment of bacterial infections caused by susceptible organisms
Sterile Cefoperazone Sodium IP 1000 mg + Tazobactam Sodium 125 mg
- Lower Respiratory tract infections
- Skin and Skin structure infections
- Urinary Tract infections (complicated and uncomplicated)
- Intra-Abdominal infections
- Surgical prophylaxis
- Gynecological Infections
- Post Operative infections
- A parenteral semi-synthetic broad-spectrum cephalosporin with a good tolerability profile
- Excellent susceptibility against most Gram positive & Gram negative aerobic & anaerobic pathogens with overall bacteriological eradication at least 85%
- Inhibits the biosynthesis of cell wall mucopeptides & exhibits minimal immunosuppressant activity.
- Safe & effective in the therapy of acute bacterial lower respiratory tract infections with 92% clinical efficacy.
- Effective & safe alternative in Clindamycin and gentamycin treatment of intra-abdominal infections
- A potent, highly specific inhibitor of a wide variety of beta-lactamases produced by common gram-negative and gram-positive aerobes and anaerobes.
- Forms a protein complex with beta-lactamases and irreversibly blocks their destructive hydrolytic activity.
- The study corroborates the efficacy of the beta-lactamase inhibitor tazobactam in improving the spectrum of activity and efficacy of cefoperazone
- Generally acts as an irreversible inhibitor and inactivates both plasmid and chromosomally mediated beta-lactamases