Cefoperazone (Cephalosporin antibiotics)
- A parenteral semi-synthetic broad-spectrum cephalosporin with a good tolerability profile.
- Excellent susceptibility against most Gram-positive & Gram-negative aerobic & anaerobic pathogens with overall bacteriological eradication of at least 85%.
- Inhibits the biosynthesis of cell wall mucopeptides & exhibits minimal immunosuppressant activity.
- Safe & effective in the therapy of acute bacterial lower respiratory tract infections with 92% clinical efficacy.
- Effective & safe alternative in Clindamycin & Gentamycin treatment of intraabdominal infections.
Tazobactam (Beta-lactamase inhibitor)
- A potent, highly specific inhibitor of a wide variety of beta-lactamases produced by common gram-negative and gram-positive aerobes and anaerobes.
- Forms a protein complex with beta-lactamases and irreversibly blocks their destructive hydrolytic activity.
- The study corroborates the efficacy of the beta-lactamase inhibitor tazobactam in improving the spectrum of activity and efficacy of cefoperazone.
- Generally acts as an irreversible inhibitor and inactivates both plasmid and chromosomally mediated beta-lactamases.
- Cefoperazone-tazobactam is effective & safe in the treatment of bacterial infections caused by susceptible organisms.