Drug Class: Second-generation histamine H(1) antagonist
- Levocetirizine exhibits rapid absorption and high bioavailability giving a fast onset and long duration of antihistaminic effect.
- Long-term studies have reported long-term benefits of levocetirizine in adults and children not only in terms of positive symptom reduction but also in improvements in quality of life.
Drug class: Leukotriene receptor antagonists (LTRAs)
- Montelukast has proven to be particularly effective in exercise-induced asthma and asthma associated with allergic rhinitis.
- Mucolytic agent that helps break up phlegm in respiratory diseases associated with viscid or excessive mucus.
- Active metabolite of bromhexine that eases the breathing process and allows free & deep breathing.