Give life a healthy start with OSART
COMPOSITION: Losartan Potassium 25/50 mg
- Losartan is the first of a new class of drugs to be introduced for clinical use in hypertension. It is a nonpeptide angiotensin II (AII) receptor antagonist; an important antihypertensive agent.
- Losartan was the first ARB approved for pediatric hypertension by the United States FDA in 2004 following the completion of the required clinical trials.
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Drug class: Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs)
- Losartan has wonderful clinical effectiveness in the treatment of essential hypertension
and congestive heart failure.
- Has beneficial effects on albumin excretion rate, blood pressure, and renal hemodynamics providing renoprotection in diabetic patients with chronic nephropathy.
- According to a clinical study, in hypertensive children 6 to 16 years of age, once-daily therapy with losartan lowered BP in a dose-dependent manner.
- Losartan reduced proteinuria in hypertensive and normotensive children with chronic kidney disease by 35.9% and was superior to both placebo (normotensive cohort) and amlodipine (hypertensive cohort). Additionally, Losartan reduced Systolic BP & Diastolic BP in both cohorts and was superior to amlodipine.