- A novel disease-modifying antirheumatic drug that helps in the treatment and management of theumatoid arthritis.
- It is non-inferior to adalimumab in terms of efficacy
- Excellent anti-inflammatory and analgesic, helps to decrease pain, swelling and tenderness in joints
- It also significantly improves physical function and stops further arthritis progression.
- A highly efficacious drug, its efficacy has been confirmed in several clinical trials and it also stops radiographic progression.
- Possesses an outstanding consistent safety profile, and safety data based on research for 9.5 yrs of research supports this conclusion.
- Tofacitinib monotherapy is superior to methotrexate in reducing signs and inhibiting the progression of structural joint damage
- It can induce greater improvements during the first 12-month treatment in DMARD (Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) naive patients in comparison with tocilizumab