COMPOSITION: Piperacillin Sodium 4 gm + Tazobactam Sodium 0.5 gm
Piperacillin (Penicillin Antibiotics) + Tazobactam Sodium (Beta-lactamase inhibitor)
- Combining tazobactam, a beta-lactamase inhibitor, with the ureidopenicillin, piperacillin, successfully restores the activity of piperacillin against beta-lactamase-producing bacteria.
- Piperacillin – Tazobactam is a beta-lactam/beta-lactamase inhibitor combination with a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity that includes Gram-positive & gram-negative aerobic and anaerobic bacteria.
- This combination has an excellent safety and tolerability profile and continues to be a reliable option for the empiric treatment of moderate-to-severe infections in hospitalized patients.
- Piperacillin-tazobactam is a reliable option for the empiric treatment of moderate-to-severe infections with an excellent safety and tolerability profile.
- It is likely to reduce overall treatment costs of moderate to severe bacterial infections by increasing initial treatment success, thereby reducing the length of hospital stay and the use of additional anti-bacterials.