The Effective Way
COMPOSITION: Glimepiride IP 2 mg+ Voglibose 0.2 mg + Metformin Hydrochloride IP 500 mg (SR)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) is characterized by chronic hyperglycemia with insulin resistance and inadequate insulin secretion.
- In diabetic patients, Postprandial Hyperglycaemia (PPHG) is a direct and independent risk factor for the development of Cardiovascular Diseases (CVD) or stroke caused by premature atherosclerosis.
- Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors (AGIs) inhibit the enzyme α-glucosidase at the brush border of the intestinal epithelium, thus blocking the absorption of carbohydrates in the small intestine. They are administered with the first bite of a carbohydrate-containing meal and limit postprandial hyperglycemia without causing hypoglycemia.
- Type-II Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetic Dyslipidemia
» A medium-to-long acting sulfonylurea anti-diabetic drug that exhibits a high potency.
» Improves insulin resistance in hyperinsulinemic patients.
» Categorized under the class of Alpha-glucosidase inhibitor used in the management of type 2 diabetes.
» Used for lowering post-prandial blood glucose levels in people with diabetes mellitus.
- Triple drug combination is safe and effective in patients with type 2 diabetes.