ACORD – 5 Tablets
FOR THAT EXTRA CARE…
COMPOSITION: Amlodipine 5 mg
- Highly effective as antianginal and anti-hypertensive agent in patients with stable angina pectoris and mild to moderate hypertension.
- Demonstrates 82% reduction in blood pressure with Amlodipine in comparison with 69% of Felodipine.
- Highly efficient in preventing new coronary artery lesion formation and thereby efficiently controlling blood pressure.
- High Blood Pressure
- Angina Pectoris
- Class of medication: Calcium channel blockers (heterogeneous group of medications)
- Amlodipine is an oral dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker. Initially approved in 1987 by the FDA.
- Amlodipine works by blocking the voltage-dependent L-type calcium channels, thereby inhibiting the initial influx of calcium.
- Amlodipine has been shown to improve vascular endothelial function in hypertensive patients.
- Amlodipine has good efficacy and safety, in addition to strong evidence from large randomized controlled trials for cardiovascular event reduction.