An ANTI-HYPERTENSIVE COMBINATION that keeps its promise
Telmisartan IP 40mg+ Amlodipine Besilate IP 5mg
- Heart Stroke
- Kidney Problems
- Heart Failure
- This combination works by direct AT-1 receptor blockade and calcium ions inhibition across cell membranes
- Enlisted as one of the effective choices for the first-line treatment in hypertension.
- Excellent combination regimen for those with co-morbidities like diabetes mellitus, heart strokes, heart failure and kidney problems,
- Low-dose combination therapy appears a better therapeutic approach than high-dose mono-therapy.
- SBP target achieved in 80% cases of group A-(high dose mono-therapy of Telmisartan 80mg) and 90.323% cases of group C-(Telmisartan 40mg and Amlodipine 5mg)
- Trials suggest that Telmisartan and amlodipine combination in hypertension have profound complimentary action.
- Replacement of valsartan by Telmisartan in Amlodipine-treated hypertensive patients shows a significant reduction in both mean systolic BP and diastolic BP
- 143.7/82,3 mmHg at baseline to 135.4/77,5 mmHg after the Telmisartan treatment.
- Additional BP lowering can be achieved by switching to 5mg Amlodipine plus 40mg Telmisartan from 5mg Amlodipine plus 8mg candesartan